Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Cupcakes!

Chalkboard Nails is hosting a nail art contest that has to feature a dotting tool of some sort, and I knew I wanted to do something fun for my entry! I've been wanting to do cupcake nails for a while so I figured this would be the   perfect chance to try them! Another rule was that nail art brushes could not be used so everything is done with either the nail polish brush, a toothpick, or a needle.




















I have to say, it killed me not being able to use a brush, especially for the outline, but I think it still turned out pretty good with a toothpick! The base colors used, from thumb to pinky: Ulta Mint Condition, Sinful Colors Vacation Time, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, Julep Hayden
Other colors used: Sally Hansen Black heart, Wet n Wild French White Creme, Sinful Colors Pull Over, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!, Sinful Colors Dream On.

More details on the contest can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. omg! These are so adorable! You did an awesome job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are amazing, wish I could do something like this! So cute:D
    Found your blog via Chalkboard nails and just started following, would love you to check out my blog and follow back if you like :D
    http://blissfulbeautyxox.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete