Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SinfulColors Dream On and Kissy

This week Walgreens has Sinful Colors nail polish on sale for 99 cents each. I went in determined only to buy two colors, and man was the decision hard! I was immediately drawn to Cinderella, but in the end I picked Kissy and Dream On.





















This is three coats of Dream On. My index and middle fingers have a top coat while the other two fingers have no top coat. As you can see it dries slightly matte, which is a characteristic of most neons. The most accurate description that I can think of for this would be neon magenta. And man is this color hard to photograph. Most pictures that I took turned out like this next one;
*not accurate*






















This is closer to how it looks in the bottle, although this is still a little too pink and should have more purple to it. It dries closer to the first picture. As for the application and formula, I had not problems. This is easily a two coater, but I decided to go with three. This is a really neat color and I'm glad I picked it up because I don't have many neons or pinks, so it's a good addition to my collection.

Next up is Kissy. First I just have to say that this color is very pigmented and will stain a bit if it gets on your hands. The up side is that it's really easy to apply; I had barely any cleanup at all. I only left it on long enough to swatch, so I'm not sure if it will stain nails, but my guess is probably.
I think this polish is the best of both worlds, because you can layer it over other colors without losing them and it's also opaque in two coats if you want to wear it on its own!
One coat over the first three, two coats on the pinky




















My personal favorite is over Shawn because it really brings out the green in this polish. Kissy is made up mostly of blue/green duochrome glitter in a teal base, but there are also some hints of gold in there as well.

















This shows off the green and gold better





















This polish is amazing and my only regret is not swatching it with a matte top coat.

Sinful Colors Kissy and Dream On retail for $1.99 and can be found in Walgreens stores and online. There is also a Sinful Colors website, but it is currently closed for maintenance. These do often go on sale for 99 cents at Walgreens, or there will be coupons in their weekly ad.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about picking up a few Sinful Colors to try them out.. I think you've just convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for feeding polish addictions, haha. Sinful colors is great, especially considering the price!

      Delete