Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Zoya Shawn Wear Test

I'm just going to start this by saying that I have no idea what happened. I've heard of Zoya manicures lasting over a week with only tip wear. So this test is not conclusive, I may have another try at this polish with a different (better) top coat eventually.
I did a review of Shawn earlier this month, which you can find here. I didn't take any pictures of Shawn until day three so if you want to see what it looks like fresh and pretty I would check out the review.
So here we go..


















Not too bad. There's tipwear, which can be expected of any polish. You can see cracks in the finish though on my index and middle fingers though. I'm not entirely sure but I'm assuming that's due to my topcoat.
So that't not too bad but then we have...
























THIS.
This finger, let me tell you, it's been rough. It broke, I filed it, I was a little sad. Then it broke AGAIN.











So then I had one awkwardly short round fingernail. If you look closely at the tip you can see where this is headed..
Day 4













No, what you are seeing here is not major chipping, but instead peeling. I used to have really bad peeling problems with my nails, but I bought the Sally Hansen Hard As Nails base coat and the peeling seemed to go away. Well, now it's back so I guess I have to find a new base coat.
Back to the intended point of this post: as you can see on my other nails there is still just tipwear.
























More peeling. More sadness.























This picture shows the chips I had on my left hand, and it also shows the top coat that I used. I'm going to blame the top coat for all of the cracks and chips that I had unless someone has a better explanation. Once I use this up I think I'm going to try out Poshe.

2 comments:

  1. I love Poshe! Do you paint your tips when you paint your nails? If you don't, it might help. Although, that wears down over time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually mean to, but I end up forgetting a lot. Does Poshe get thick quickly or does it stay relatively thin? I know all fast drying polishes are prone to getting thick eventually but I seem to have horrible luck with it staying thin!

      Delete